In an interview with the L.A. Times earlier this week, Jack White said that The White Stripes may never tour again. This comes after they cancelled the second leg of their tour this summer (including a stop in Nampa). When they announced that they were not going to be playing here in Nampa (a show that I had bought tickets for nearly 5 months earlier)I was devastated. But this is almost too much.
I have seen the White Stripes play once. It was at Coachella a few years back. Ironically it was the first time that I had ever heard their music. Now they are one of my all-time favorite bands. I love them. I love everything about them. The idea that they won’t tour again is tragic to me. I value live shows a lot.
I guess it’s just one more beautiful thing that this world will lose.
The thing is, I live in a small-ish town, where beauty is destroyed every day (e.g. various swimming holes, rope swings, trees, etc…). But no matter how often it happens I can’t get used to it. It kills me to think that there are people out there who don’t see that beauty, they only see a nuisance.
What is this world coming to?
- What’s my name? What’s my station?
- Same Boy You’ve Always Known
- Unfinished Digital Piece
- The Day We Are Awaiting
- But I don’t, I don’t know what that will be; I’ll get back to you someday soon you will see.
- Rules For Photography (developed after reading the essays “In Plato’s Cave” by Susan Sontag, and “On Irony” by David Foster Wallace)
- You say goodbye, I say hello.
- David Foster Wallace On Irony.
- Destroying Art Pt. 1 (Installations)
- Signs Speak, Pictures Show.